Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Back to Sheet Metal Fabrication-Patch Panels

This morning I returned to the TR after a considerable absence. (August 17th)...I have been distracted largely by vacation travel and a garden requiring immediate attention...but hey, excuses are excuses regardless of the justification...

Today was an excellent metal fabrication day. An "in the zone" type of experience where the sheet metal patches I was making worked out really well and the time passed quickly. I realized today that I just about have all the patch panels fabricated and I can start cleaning them up and installing them permanently-an exciting prospect for sure...as with other endeavors the execution time has exceeded my estimation by a considerable margin and some of the "rework" related to me just not being happy with the initial fabrication. I have to continue to remind myself this is a "fit for purpose" build and I shouldn't attempt to go overboard with the quality of the bodywork. I just try to do the best I can....

Yesterday I regrouped and cleaned up my garage and put away tools etc. I have been working on my 1979 Vanguard Camper van repairing some rust problems that needed to be addressed earlier than later!!! I have a few projects to tackle...

Yesterday I did some fender assessment related to my extra fenders off the 1957. I plan to use the best ones for the current build on the '59. I am still assessing what to do with the "57. It is still on my mind...something fun to contemplate but action needs to be taken soon-winter will soon be here....

No comments:

Post a Comment