Friday, October 1, 2010

Weather Sensitive Tasks Take Priority


The autumn days are getting shorter and the nights cooler which means I really need to get outside and do whatever I can to move my TR3 projects forward particularly while the weather is warm enough to paint rather than having to apply it an enclosed garage during the winter.

I realized yesterday I really need to address the 1957 tub and get the rust eliminated or at least neutralized before I end with a perforated mess. I made my way out to the driveway and spent 5 hours in the sunshine cleaning and preparing the floor boards and trunk areas and applying some POR-15 products . I had taken an earlier look at the overall condition of the body to determine whether or not I could get away without sandblasting the tub and I came to the conclusion the most "cost effective" and "fit for purpose" approach was to go the Por-15 route. Most of the paint had been removed and all that was left was mainly surface rust (fairly severe in some places) so most of the benefit from sand blasting had already been achieved. The application metal prep and paint seemed to have gone well and I now have an expanse of gray color where rust used to reside.

I realize that if I want to move ahead with my "rat rod" Mazda Miata powered TR3 I need to make daily progress even if I just work for an hour or two. Working on the TR's is a great stress reliever and I need to do more of it vrs other pursuits...

No comments:

Post a Comment