Saturday, August 2, 2014

1957 Progress Report

Time in Garage this week(actually the driveway) 10 hours

I have spent an additional 6 hours working on the challenging left hand rear fender. The fender was very marginal originally and when repairing it the first time I did not realize there was another area of weakness that I had overlooked. Plus I had missed putting in a couple of rivets which further compromised the fit up. All of this has been resolved and the final fit up completed. I am fairly happy with the outcome. I will be doing an update video on YouTube on Monday to show what I have been doing. I will post the link on this blog.

I also did about 40% of the body painting. Originally I had painted the body with Por 15 gray finish to preserve the body which over the past few years has transformed into kind of a flat green hue with streaks of dark gray/black. I like the patina so I decided to continue the theme for the rest of the car.  I had a green custom mixed at my local paint store and through a process of applying and matching made a decision to add some flat black to the mix. I am not 100% happy with the match up but through trial and error I am getting closer. At least now the panels blend to a reasonable degree. I enjoyed applying the paint and playing around with making the finish. It hasn't taken too long so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment