Sunday, November 9, 2014

Project Update 1957 Triumph Build


I have gotten out of the habit of updating my daily progress in this blog. An oversight on my part I believe and a situation I am going to rectify starting now!!!

I actually have been working on the 1957 since my last blog entry. Progress has been much slower than I anticipated but nothing new there if you have been following my blog history!

There have been some successes for sure but peppered with lots of challenges. I have been doing patch panels for the passenger side sill repair and painted the divider between the trunk and gas tank and fitted and refitted the doors a couple of times. (still not finished)... all good...the challenge has been mainly focused on finding stored parts....I have had to do a lot of sorting and searching over the past month or so. Garage functionality and tidiness continues to be major barriers...

I still struggle with making the build a priority. I am finding it very challenging to make my way to the garage and get down to work? I find the situation perplexing and to be honest I am not sure of the "why" but something is out of kilter....

I have adopted the concept of spending a "power hour" working on the car. I purchased a magnetic white board (small) with a dry erase marker and have attached it to my tool box. I write down the goals I have and what time I enter and leave the garage. Shooting for an hour at a time. The process seems to work so far as it keeps me focused to actually stay physically in the garage for the allotted time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment