Monday, January 10, 2011

Triumph TR3-Project Progress

I ventured out into the garage on Saturday (for a few hours) and brought order back to the space, temporarily attached the finished front fenders to the body (the front right fender required some alignment work on the back flange to allow the fender bolts to line up properly) to get them out of the way and started to work on the rear panel that surrounds the spare tire carrier. I have all the "patch" panels for the area fabricated-right now I am stripping off the last of the red paint and getting ready to clean up the areas where the panels are going to be attached.

I decided yesterday I am going to complete the rear panel attachment and primary finishing this week that will complete the bodywork segment for now. I will then turn my attention to the chassis reconstruction for which I have not yet figured out the critical path for. I am still leaning towards removing the 1959 body from the chassis (sooner than later) so I have access to all the parts in order to complete the powder coated chassis with the best parts from both cars. My confined workspace doesn't allow me too many options to contemplate...

No comments:

Post a Comment