Thursday, January 27, 2011

Triumph TR3-Rear Valance Work-Part 7

A stellar evening in the garage (the classical music that played in the background added an interesting dimension). It was one of those work sessions where everything went well with very little rework. I spent about 3 hours riveting and bonding the rear valance brackets and repair patches for the right rear fender area. Earlier in the day I fabricated a bracket with a "captured" nut ( I spent about an hour on the task) where the right hand fender attaches at the back. The original area was completely rusted out so the attachment point needed to be reestablished. I am very pleased with the overall results and look forward to more productive work today. My plan is to finish off attaching the panels on the left hand side and getting the fabricated pan (that fits under the spare tire cover) installed...

No comments:

Post a Comment