Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Triumph TR3-Rear Valance Work-Part 5

Back into the garage yesterday after being "out of town" for nearly a week. I am now a couple of weeks behind where I wanted to be at the beginning of January but that is "OK" as family comes first and some unexpected "events" occurred that took me away from the garage.

I fabricated a successful patch piece for the left hand rear valance (utilizing some of the components of the original fabricated piece-which was satisfying) and trial fitted it and it worked well. I embarked on a similar modification to the right hand side panels which I am not as happy with. I ran out of energy and enthusiasm late in the afternoon and decided it was better to leave the task and take a break than try and "force" myself to work on something that was not coming together in a way I had envisioned. Working on the Triumph is supposed to be an enjoyable pass time- not an ordeal so I walked away.

While I was out in the garage I started to contemplate the rear valance panel attachment process and what the critical path will be. I think I have that worked out now and today I will start prepping the panels for panel adhesive and attachment. It will be great to see all the panels fabricated and attached to the car so I can add the final skim coat of filler and get the areas primed.

No comments:

Post a Comment