Sunday, January 16, 2011

Triumph TR3-Rear Valance Work-Part 3

Yesterday I started assembling the rear valance component that I fabricated out of a discarded fender, trial fitting and attaching my fabricated flanges for attaching to the body. The day was productive and enjoyable. I worked for about 2-1/2 hours or so all together. I determined to fasten the flanges with rivets and the high strength epoxy panel adhesive that I purchased for this type of work. The adhesive gives all the advantages of welding by providing a very strong bond.

I spent some time in the evening going over the Ron Francis wiring catalog looking at the different after market wiring harnesses and accessories like ignition and dimmer switches etc. I also contemplated moving over to "bright" LED tail and turn indicator lights to further enhance the safety of the car. I also determined to hold off on purchase of the parts until I get the frame reconstructed. Pricing seems pretty consistent.(no sales being offered etc) so no down side to waiting that I can see.

I think I am going to have to get myself a better air compressor to run my bead blaster cabinet and some of the air tools that require more capacity than I current have. I did some checking around on Kijjiji, Sears, Canadian Tire etc etc and found a 33 gal unit on sale for 399.00. A bit cost prohibitive so I may rent instead?

I also pulled out my TR3 reference book and looked at the great cars illustrated. It is good to dream of the finished state from time to time...

No comments:

Post a Comment