Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Dream Garage/Tool Collection

As mentioned in one of my earlier "posts" I am finding my working space ( a single garage) to be fairly confining space wise from time to time. I don't believe the restricted work space is detrimental to the success of my project but it would be nice to be working in a double garage sized space especially when the need arises to move panels around etc etc.

From time to time I find myself wandering through web-pages showing individual's working spaces and the "green eyed snake of jealousy" sometimes raises its' head. There are some very impressive home garages out there. I daydream about the potential but then realize there is no way this is going to happen in the short run so I better get back to reality and make the best use of my space as I can....

I am also surprised at how comprehensive some people's tool collections are!!! Impressive. My tool chest seems to be meeting my requirements in a very satisfactory way so at this point I am operating in a very "fit for purpose" state. I seem to be able to find the tools I need to move the reassembly along without having to go out and purchase or rent them-which is great....I will however have to go out and rent a coil spring compressor when I go to reassemble the front suspension. I also daydreamed a bit this morning about purchasing a used parts washer but realistically for the amount of time I would use it, it hardly seems worthwhile to purchase. I will make do....

No comments:

Post a Comment