Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Triumph TR3-High Fill Primer

I only made it out to the garage for 15 minutes yesterday. Long enough to do some panel inspection and spray some high fill primer on the cowl, right front and right rear fenders. It was good to see the skim coat of filler covered over.

While out in the garage I inspected my Niosh approved spray paint respirator with the intent of cleaning it and utilizing it for the next while. One of the reasons for the short visit to the garage last night was my uncomfortableness with being in a vapor and fume filled environment while spraying the panels. The respirator is brand new but not utilized for the past few years-just sitting on a shelf- I believe some sanitization is definitely required!!!

I also found my "spray can" trigger that I bought on impulse last year. It worked surprisingly well on the spray cans I was using. I found myself smiling as I marveled at the engineering simplicity of the design and the functionality it provided with respect to ease of spraying. Money well spent in my determination.

Once again my garage has become a bit "cluttered" with tools and body prep materials so I am going to have to regroup and get things back into some resemblance of order before I proceed.

I reviewed the MOSS Motors on-line catalogue looking at the chassis hardware that is required to mount the body. Once I remove the body from the chassis I am going to have to address this issue so I might as well be prepared..

I also spent about an hour of so going over my bodywork "how to" books and reviewing the Youtube video on applying the Duplicolor Paint System. Still scheming trying to determine if I am going to proceed with a "garage" paint job-I am still very much sitting on the fence...

No comments:

Post a Comment