Monday, November 29, 2010

Triumph TR3-More Sanding and Priming

Yesterday I spent a couple of hours in the garage-cleaned up my work area and did a 320 grit sanding of 3 of the 4 fenders. After sanding and cleaning the surface I applied primer. It was extremely satisfying to see the primer covering the "worked areas" with solid gray fenders being the result. Even after additional sanding and "glaze putty" filling the front right fender is still not satisfactory. I am going to head out into the garage again this morning and do another pass and see if I can get the surface to a more acceptable level.

Today I have to head out and procure a new can of filler and some Marine Clean to prepare the inner wheel well surface (front left) for a POR 15 application. I also plan to complete the POR 15 coating of the rear left wheel well (just a very small portion is left) as I have done some addition finishing of the radius that was not originally covered. It is very satisfying to see the surfaces covered "one by one" as I make my way through the "to do" list.

No comments:

Post a Comment