Monday, November 22, 2010

Triumph TR3-Sunday Morning and My TR3

On Sunday morning I ventured out into the garage for about 3 hours of fender work. I did a final sanding. applied a guide coat and did some glaze filler application on the small imperfections. Three fenders look good, the forth (right hand front) is still not up to an acceptable standard so more rework is required. I am anticipating another hour or two to go... I am over my project estimate time wise for this task ...I have continually remind myself not to be too impatient...

Hopefully today I will get a coat of etching primer applied to the bare spots ( there were a fair number of "pings" (high spots) in the sheet metal which had to be gently massaged with a hammer) and a final 220 sanding leading up to the application of the seal primer. It will be very satisfying to finish up this stage of the reconditioning and move on to the mechanical work.

No comments:

Post a Comment