Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Triumph TR3-Straightening Out the Lower Lip-Valance

About 2-1/2 hours in the garage yesterday. First came the much delayed general clean up of the work area and then about an hour straightening out the front valance lip which I would image was distorted by a tow rope at some point. I also removed the front support bracket (about 6 bolts) from the valance with the intent of clean up and repainting. Another piece of the car removed but the action falls into the category of a "job worth doing is worth doing right". Plus it was a real treat not to be sanding filler!!!!!!!! and holding a wrench in my hand...

I ran my hand over the body work and reminded myself of how far I have come in the process. I realize there is more "detail" sanding to be done but at least the panels look smooth and presentable!

I visualized myself driving the car when I was lying in bed getting ready to go to sleep. A very pleasant experience...it has been many years (1973 actually) since I drove a TR3. I can still recall the sensations and sounds....happy recollections that I hope to recreate in 2011...

No comments:

Post a Comment