Sunday, November 21, 2010

Magazine Musings


A few days ago I took out a stack of old Hot Rod magazines I had stored away and started leafing through them . For a while I used to buy one every couple of weeks but in recent years (for the most part) I have stopped buying them. Most of the magazines are from the 90's but I find many of the articles to still be relevant and entertaining. The magazines are a mecca for ideas and potential and it is always inspiring to see finished projects...

One interesting article was on the "realities" of paying a restorer to work on your car and how fast the $$$$ add up. Whenever I read this type of article it makes me appreciate the importance of buying the best possible example of the car you quest after and doing as much of the work as you can yourself. I like the idea of a driver with a focus on cosmetic and mechanical improvements as you drive. My next special interest car will potentially fall into this category.

I didn't make it out to the garage on Saturday other than to take a quick look at the POR-15 paint set up on the inner fender (it looks fit for purpose). I felt I really needed to take a break from the toxic environment (filler dust/paint fumes etc) and I am glad I did so....

Today I am going to venture back out to the garage and first of all do some clean up. I have a large garbage bag full of used up sandpaper that needs to be addressed. Tools need to be put away and the garage vacuumed. It looks like I have been very busy out there but I really need to regroup before I proceed....

No comments:

Post a Comment