Saturday, November 20, 2010

Triumph TR3-Por-15 Inner Wheel Well-Left-More Sanding

Another productive day in the garage yesterday, spending about 3 hours on fender prep and coating the left rear inner wheel well with gloss black Por-15. (to match the other side).

I made a trip to the local body shop jobber and picked up some more sandpaper, a small tin of Por-15 and a quart of Por-15 primer (just in case I need it-I want to use up the existing can but I believe there is not enough left to finish the final coating)...I am really trying to keep costs down by using up what I have and keeping new purchases to a bare minimum. I am also fighting a bit with the concept of keeping the garage heated as the outside temperature has dipped to -20 degrees C. during the night-my natural gas bill will climb..

I did an assessment of the fender surfaces last night. I am still not satisfied with the panel quality as the block sanding has shown a few imperfections in all but one of the fenders. Fifty one year old sheet metal has some war wounds for sure. I picked up a couple of old hot rod publications when I went to bed last night and did some reading on painting cars. I am wise enough to know the time I spend now (as stated in the articles) will pay off in a higher quality paint job if I make sure the slight imperfections are handled. The hours continue to roll on.

No comments:

Post a Comment