Monday, November 8, 2010

Tr3-Monday-More Skim Coats of Filler

3-1/2 hours in the garage today. It seems my quest for ripple free fenders required still more skim coats of filler (4 coats on 2 of the fenders) and block sanding. I am making good progress but it is taking much longer than I anticipated. Nothing new there. Next I am going to have to apply a guide coat of paint to determine where the subtle peaks and valleys are? Two fenders and the crowl feel pretty good to the touch. the other 2 fenders are a bit suspect? Fortunately the car is going to be painted white which hides some imperfections. I still want to take it as far as I can before applying paint but I am not expecting perfection. My goal is to have a reliable driver that looks good from 5 feet away (or maybe closer?)....

No comments:

Post a Comment